It’s been estimated that the UK charity sector will lose £4 billion in income as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic* as thousands of fundraising events have been cancelled due to Covid-19. Many of the challenge events that RCET participants were meant to have participated in have been cancelled or postponed including the Forth Rail Bridge Abseil in June.
Join #TeamRCET and Become a #HomeHero!
On the 26th April, in place of the now-cancelled London Marathon, charities across the UK are asking supporters to take part in the 2.6 Challenge, a nationwide campaign to Save the UK’s Charities.
We want our supporters to become #HomeHeroes and take part in the 2.6 Challenge. Every penny raised will go towards our Coronavirus Crisis Intervention Fund to enable us to continue supporting Armed Forces and Veteran families negatively affected by the current pandemic.
How Do I Take Part?
It’s Simple! The idea is to take part in a activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 .
Here are some example activities (all must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing):
- Run or walk 2.6 miles (or km) – or for 26 minutes
- Exercise at home for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Do 26 press ups
- Walk up and down the stairs 26 times
- Do 26 star jumps
- Skip 26 times – or for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Have a dance marathon for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Draw 26 pictures or draw for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Blow up or pop as many balloons as you can in 26 (or 2.6 minutes)!
- Sing a song or perform something for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Juggle for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Or anything else you can think of that suits your unique talents!
Once you have decided how you would like to fundraise for us, simply create a FREE fundraising page here through JustGiving. Make sure to share it widely with friends, family and colleagues in the run up to your 2.6 Challenge event on April 26th. There’s no minimum amount you have to raise but we ask that you raise as much as you can if possible.
If you need any help or inspiration, then please don’t hesitate to contact the fundraising team at email@example.com or call on 0131 322 7350.
Good luck and thank you for joining #TeamRCET to become a force for good for Armed Forces and Veteran families during this difficult time.
*Source: NCVO CEO Karl Wilding