Since the beginning of the cornavirus pandemic, thousands of fundraising events have had to be cancelled and it has been estimated that the UK charity sector will lose £4 billion in income as a result*.
Many of the challenge events that RCET participants were meant to have participated in last year were cancelled or postponed including the Forth Rail Bridge Abseil which was meant to take place in June 2020.
Unfortunately we are still unable to confirm if any challenge events will be going ahead for 2021, but that doesn’t mean you can’t organise your own fundraising event from home!
Join #TeamRCET and Become a #HomeHero!
We want our supporters to become #HomeHeroes and take part in virtual fundraising for RCET. Every penny raised will go towards our Coronavirus Crisis Intervention Fund to enable us to continue supporting Armed Forces and Veteran families negatively affected by the current pandemic.
How Do I Take Part?
Here are some example challenges you could do (all must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing):
- Run or walk 2.6 miles (or km) – or for 26 minutes
- Exercise at home for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Do 26 press ups
- Walk up and down the stairs 26 times
- Do 26 star jumps
- Skip 26 times – or for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Have a dance marathon for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Draw 26 pictures or draw for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Blow up or pop as many balloons as you can in 26 (or 2.6 minutes)!
- Sing a song or perform something for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
- Juggle for 26 minutes (or 2.6 minutes)
Run 100 to Raise 100
- Run, walk, dance, (or anything else you can think of!) 100km over the span of a month.
- Commit to fundraising a minimum of £100 to support Armed Forces children and young people to reach their full potential and THRIVE!
- Encourage your friends and family to sponsor your challenge.
- Maybe even challenge yourself further by changing 100km into 100 miles!
These are just a few suggestions, but you can make your challenge whatever you want it to be! It can begin whenever you are ready to start it and can be done at your own pace.
Once you have decided how you would like to fundraise for us, simply create a FREE fundraising page here through JustGiving. Make sure to share it widely with friends, family and colleagues in the run-up to your Virtual Challenge event. There’s no minimum amount you have to raise but we ask that you raise as much as you can if possible.
If you need any help or inspiration, then please don’t hesitate to contact the fundraising team at email@example.com or call on 0131 322 7350.
Good luck and thank you for joining #TeamRCET to become a force for good for Armed Forces and Veteran families during these difficult times.
*Source: NCVO CEO Karl Wilding