Armed Forces children and young people can often face barriers that can prevent them from reaching their goals and achieving their dreams.
Issues Armed Forces children and young people can face include;
- Repeated moves to different schools, countries, and even continents
- Prolonged separation from a parent during deployment
- Increased caring responsibilities during times of deployment.
Furthermore, children of veterans face issues including;
- Poverty, and unemployment in the home
- Poor mental or physical health of a parent
- Domestic violence
- Imprisonment of a parent/family member
These issues can understandably create barriers that prevent Armed Forces children and young people from reaching their full potential.
Our services help to break down these barriers. You can join us on the journey today by:
- Giving a regular or one off donation
- Joining an exciting challenge event
- Organising a fundraiser
- Giving one of our donation tins a home
- Volunteering your time
All of these will enable Armed Forces children and young people to reach their full potential and #DreamBig.
Keep an eye out for upcoming posts which detail ways in which our different services enable Armed Forces children #DreamBig and how you can support us.