Salary: £28,000. (2 Year Fixed Term Contact)
Hours: 35 hours per week. May involve occasional weekend and evening work.
Location: RCET Office, 15 Hill Street, Edinburgh EH2 3JP
RCET is Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity. For over 200 years, we have put the wellbeing and education of Armed Forces children and young people at the heart of everything that we do. Today we provide life-changing support to hundreds of children and young people across Scotland helping them to access opportunity, break down barriers, unlock their own potential and THRIVE.
This exciting new role will be one of two recruited for our new ‘Your Minds Matters’ wellbeing project run in partnership with SAMH. The project aims to improve the health and wellbeing of Armed Forces children and young people across Scotland. You will be responsible for working with young people and external digital agencies to develop and deliver a digital wellbeing and resilience resource. The tool will be co-produced by young people themselves who will be brought together in a Digital Development Youth Forum and supported by Digital Mentors from the sector recruited by this role.
If you would like to learn more our work, then please read our strategic review.
- Ability to communicate with many different people including children and young people, digital leaders and external agencies.
- Passion, enthusiasm and demonstrable knowledge and experience in digital development and the transformational impact that this can achieve.
- A strong copywriter with the ability to communicate clearly and sensitively about difficult issues.
- Experience of managing a project, or relationships with an external digital agency
- Experience of consulting with service-users and co-production.
- Excellent time management skills specifically related to delivering projects on time.
- Strong confidence in using a range of common digital platforms and the ability to manage the development of these.
- Knowledge, and understanding of, and a commitment to, equality of opportunity and inclusion.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work both with a team, and on their own initiative.
Please send your CV AND a covering letter which highlights how you meet the person specification by 5pm on Friday 27th March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the full job description and person specification here.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been shortlisted for interview. As a small charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the cost involved.
N.B.INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON THE 22nd April 2020. PLEASE STATE ON YOUR LETTER IF YOU CAN ATTEND ON THAT DATE.