As a small charity, the RCET is committed to working with partners to achieve our vision for young people from Armed Forces families.
Our Service Children’s Support Group (SCSG) is the RCET’s Advisory Group which meets 3 times a year and features presentations from leading figures from the field of education in Scotland
The remit of the group is:
- to provide advice on educational support for children and young people from Armed Forces families
- to act as a point of reference for the Scottish Education Programme and the RCET Practitioners’ Conference
- to assist in developing links with the Military
- to consider issues relevant to the education of children and young people from Armed Forces families.
- Members of the group represent:
- Association of Directors of Education in Scotland (ADES)
- Education Scotland
- Early Years
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Scottish Government
- Independent Schools Sector
- Further Education