How we use your personal data
Who We Are
We are The Royal Caledonian Education Trust, a company registered in England & Wales under registration number 310952 SC038722 and Our registered address is 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN.
The Royal Caledonian Education Trust has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office and is registered on the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Register under registration number 310952 SC038722. You may contact Data Protection Contact, The Royal Caledonian Education Trust,The Royal Caledonian Education Trust, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about data protection relating to the Website.
The Website is managed on behalf of The Royal Caledonian Education Trust by Connect Communications (Scotland) Ltd, a company registered in Scotland under registration number 189739 and its address is Studio 2001, Mile End, Paisley PA1 1JS, United Kingdom. Connect Communications (Scotland) Ltd has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office and is registered on the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Register under the registration number Z1308572. You may contact Data Protection, Connect Communications (Scotland) Ltd, Studio 2001, Mile End, Paisley PA1 1JS, United Kingdom or email email@example.com with any questions about data protection relating to www.rcet.org.uk
What personal data do We collect about You?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal data that You may submit to the Website. Generally You can visit the Website without revealing who You are, or disclosing any personal data about You. However, there may be times when We require personal data about You or when You wish to disclose such personal data to Us. Such personal data is obtained only when voluntarily submitted by You and is subject to the provisions set out on this page.
We may collect and process the following personal data about You:
- data that You provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes data provided at the time of registering to use the registration-only sections of the Website;
- We may also ask You for personal data (such as when You report a problem with the Website);
- if You contact us, in writing, by email or other electronic means, We may keep a record of that correspondence; and
If You are providing or You choose to provide Us with personal data over the Internet, You should be aware that data transmission via this medium cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While We will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, You acknowledge that We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means and You provide it to Us at Your own risk. Once received, We have stringent security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of Your personal data in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. If, despite Our security precautions, personal data is inadvertently disclosed, We shall use all reasonable endeavours to limit and remedy the disclosure but, to the extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for unintentional disclosure of personal data.
How will We use Your Personal data
Your personal data will be treated in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
We are collecting personal data about You via the Website to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer; and
- provide You with information that You request from Us or which We feel may interest You, where You have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
If You do not want Us to use Your personal data in this way, please contact Us at: Data Protection Contact, The Royal Caledonian Education Trust,The Royal Caledonian Education Trust, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about Your computer, including where available Your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify You as an individual. For further details please see Our cookie statement
Will We share Your personal data with third parties?
We may disclose Your personal data to third parties if:
- We sell or buy any business, in which case We may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business;
- The Royal Caledonian Education Trust or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets;
- We are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Terms & Conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Royal Caledonian Education Trust or any member of the Trust group of companies, Our customers, or others; and
- they provide services to Us potentially connected with Your access, such as IT or recruitment service providers.
Will We transfer Your personal data overseas?
If required, for storage or processing purposes, We may need to transfer Your personal data overseas to any of Our offices or any member of the Trust group of companies, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Some of these offices may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which do not have well developed Data Protection Legislation when compared to the relevant laws within the EEA. Accordingly, You agree that Your personal data, in electronic and/or physical form, may be stored, transferred or accessed across national borders and entities as needed. However, We will endeavour to maintain the same levels of security in protecting Your personal data as if it was being stored in the United Kingdom.
What to do if You have a query or complaint
- You have the right to request a copy of all personal data held by Us and/or any third parties at any time in connection with the personal data submitted by You to this Website. This request should be made in writing to Our address below and a small charge may be made for this service.
- We want to make sure that Your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove personal data You think is inaccurate by contacting Us at email@example.com.
- We may amend these terms at any time and all such changes will take effect once they have been posted on the Website. Therefore, You should review these terms on a regular basis. Any substantial change in how We process personal data will be notified via an announcement on the Website.
- Should You have any other queries or complaints about how Your personal data is processed by Us and/or any third parties then please write to the address below.
Links to other websites
This privacy statement applies only to personal data collected on the Website. Other websites to which the Website may be linked may or may not contain privacy policies. We have no influence or control over those sites. The use of other sites, or the submission of personal data to them, is at Your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
If You want to contact Us with any questions, comments or complaints about how We collect, use or retain Your personal data sent to this Website, please contact Us at: Data Protection Contact, The Royal Caledonian Education Trust, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy statement is dated November 2017.