We're recruiting: Youth Participation Manager
Youth Participation Manager
Location: Central Edinburgh
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Initial 3 year Contract
Closing date: 2 July 2018
Click here to read our press release regarding this exciting new project, which has been made possible due to a generous donation from ABF, The Soldiers’ Charity.
This is an exciting time for RCET as we embark on a new 5 year Strategic Plan which will see us develop and grow our services. To support our mission, we are looking for an experienced Youth Participation Manager who will join a small but highly motivated team committed to making a real difference to the lives of Armed Forces Children and Young People in Scotland.
RCET is Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity. Most Armed Forces families are lucky enough never to need our help, but for children from families who are struggling to make ends meet, living with ill health and disability, or experiencing difficulties at school, we provide a lifeline of support. In addition, we operate a highly successful and well-respected Education Programme in Scotland working with schools, local authorities, Armed Forces charities and the military.
Your key responsibilities will be to develop, operate and manage an Armed Forces Children and Young People’s Participation Project across Scotland. You will develop inclusive systems and processes that ensure AFC&YP are empowered and are actively involved in the decision-making processes that affect them.
- Experience of working in one of the following areas: Youth work/Community work/Education/Children and young people in a community setting
- Experience of group facilitation.
- An awareness and understanding of the issues around children and young people’s participation.
- An up to date knowledge of the issues that affect young people
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with children and young people, parents, carers, colleagues and other professionals.
- Ability to manage and supervise staff.
- Positively advocate on behalf of Armed Forces Children and Young to a wide range of individual and agencies.
A full driving licence is required.
To view full job description and supporting information, click the documents below:
Please send your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience by 5pm on Monday 2nd July to email@example.com
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been shortlisted for interview. As a small charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the cost involved.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON THE 11 JULY 2018. PLEASE STATE ON YOUR LETTER IF YOU CAN ATTEND ON THAT DATE.