© Malcolm Cochrane Photography
Closing date: 5 February 2021
Following the retirement of Treasurer, James Robertson from our Board of Trustees RCET: Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity are advertising for a new Trustee Treasurer.
Founded in 1815, we’ve been supporting Armed Forces children and their families to reach their full potential and THRIVE.
The RCET Treasurer is one of our Board of Trustees volunteers who are responsible for:
- Provide strategic leadership
- Safeguard the reputation of RCET
- Ensure that RCET’s governing documents are fit for purpose and that the organisation complies with its governing documents, charity law, other relevant legislation or regulations, and the requirements of all relevant inspection and regulatory bodies
- Make sure it pursues its charitable objectives as defined in the Act of Parliament
- Ensure the financial viability and sustainability of the charity
- Ensure that RCET applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives
- Ensure the continuing relevance of the mission and compliance with objectives, purposes and values of the organisation
- Approve policies, plans and budgets to achieve these objectives, and monitor performance against them
- Agree all policies and decisions on matters which might create significant risk to the organisation, financial or otherwise
- Set and maintain frameworks of delegation, internal control and risk management
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of the organisation and support the Chief Executive as necessary in this regard
- Appoint the Chief Executive, and monitor their performance
- Review organisational investment policy on annual basis.
If you think that you might be the right person to join our Board and help us on our journey to support every Armed Forces child in Scotland please download our Application Pack.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date for submissions is 5 February 2021.
For an informal chat about the position, please email our Chief Executive Laura Falconer.