Scotland’s Armed Forces Children’s Charity
How you can help – Leave a legacy
For the past 200 years we have supported Scotland’s Armed Forces children and young people to achieve, thrive and reach their full potential in education, and in life. By passing on something wonderful and donating a gift in Will you can be part of our vision to give all Armed Forces children in Scotland the future that they deserve.
Past Gifts in Will have transformed our work enabling us to launch our vital Education Programme which now provides support to thousands of children and educationalists each year helping Armed Forces children to reach their full potential at school. Last year we were honoured that 12% of our voluntary income was generated from Gifts in Wills.
If you are considering a Gift in Will we know that it can seem very complicated. There is no right or wrong way to give, and no amount too big or small. Any gift that you give will be gratefully used to ensure that Armed Forces children can achieve and thrive now, and in the future. It is however, important that you consult a solicitor. You can find a solicitor here https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ or use our Free Will Service in partnership with McClure Solicitors.
What are the benefits of making a Gift in Will?
- A legacy is a particularly special and meaningful gift for the charities that you care about most, so that you can continue to support our vital work even after you are gone.
- Taking the time to do your Will now means that your wishes will be respected when you do die.
- Any gifts that you leave to RCET in your Will are exempt from Inheritance Tax, and accordingly, can reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax due on your estate. Inheritance Tax can be complex, but your solicitor will be able to advise you about your own position.
Our promises to you
If you are considering making a gift to RCET we make the following promises to you:
- We appreciate that your loved ones will always come first.
- We will handle whatever gift you leave use efficiently, so that it can do the greatest good, and with the utmost care, sensitivity and respect.
- We’ll respect your wish to assign a gift to a particular aspect of our work.
- We recognise that you have the absolute right to change your mind about a gift in your will, at any time.
- We understand that your Will is completely personal to you. We will always respect your privacy.
- If you do choose to let us know that you have given us a Gift in Will, we will be happy to discuss with you what impact that this could have for Armed Forces children in the future.
If you are considering making a Gift in Will to RCET, thank you. If you need any further information or support then you can call us on 0131 322 7350 or request our Legacies Information pack here.
Free will-writing service
RCET works in partnership with McClure solicitors to offer our supporters and beneficiaries a free will-writing service. McClure Solicitors can provide you with free and independent advice on making or updating your will. If you do use this service they will ask you if you will consider leaving a donation to RCET, but you are under no obligation to do so.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 322 7350 for more details.
Royal Caledonian Education Trust Registered Charity Commission Number: 310952; Scottish Registered Charity Number: SCO38722; Patron: Her Majesty The Queen© All content copyright Royal Caledonian Education Trust 2020